Re: file structure (hierarchy)

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: file structure (hierarchy)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:01:57 +0100

I'm just reading the LilyPond parser code :-)

See the attached image for a simplified structure definition of a score block.

Well, \set is a music _expression_, namely a music property definition. What is good to remember is that there is 3 kinds of output definition: \paper, \layout and \midi

Bert

Werner wrote:
Hello Bertalan.

Bertalan Fodor <lilypondtool <at> organum.hu> writes:

It is because a score block, ie. \score { ... } can only contain the
following:
- one music _expression_ OR one score identifier (a score defined as a
variable)

- THEN zero or more header, output definition or object_id_setting

So \layout ... is something of that an \set isn't???

\set Score.skipBars = ##t in itself is a music _expression_, so in your
first snippet the score would contain 2 music _expression_ (the \new Staff
and the \set). It is not allowed.

I couldn't imagine, that
\set Score.skipBars = ##t
was a music _expression_, for me it seems to be a command concerning the layout...
Do you have a hint about what is what (no idea about „object_id_setting“ and
„output definition“)?
In the docu-section 10.1 Input files and 10.1.1, 10.1.2 File structure I didn't
found out so much.

Thank you a lot!

Werner