Re: Subject: GDP: index entries for snippets

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: Subject: GDP: index entries for snippets
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 23:44:58 -0800

Not knowing the question to ask is often  a problem for me to. You are
not alone with this experience.

Perhaps he is asking how docbook format works. I'm just guessing about
his query myself.

> > The html version's indeces. See above for general pointers, there
> > really is just one main thing that/which (aargh! you've made me
> > realise I have no idea how to use that/which now...) give my skin
> > rashes. Namely, how does it work? (You don't have to answer here as I
> > already have figured most of it out, but it really would help if
> > someone explains it in the docs themselves.)
>
> Sorry, I don't understand -- you look for the term you want, then
> click on the link.  I know this sounds like a completely stupid
> and useless answer, but I really don't understand the question
> "how does it work".

However, I'll add this; It is truly frustrating to have a question and
not know how to ask it. I know that you all cannot help with this, its
a personal struggle (chuckle) we all have had at one time or other. It
just happens with Lilypond more often. That isn't a comment on the
quality of the workmanship on the project as much as it is a comment
on the complexity of the objectives of the project.

Written music itself is a major challenge, Western European Music is
another order more complex than most. Lilypond not only renders WEM,
but adds music of other cultures to the mix. Its sort of like trying
to be all things to all people. That Lilypond has gotten as far as it
has is something of a miracle in itself!

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov