Forcing Piano Staff spacing in 2.11

From: Benedict Singer
Subject: Forcing Piano Staff spacing in 2.11
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:30:49 -0800

Hi all,

I recently moved some of my piano and piano + instrument pieces to version 2.11, and the new spacing code is in some instances placing the two staffs of the piano staff closer than I'd like, often if there are no dynamics. I'm fine with it widening the spacing if it needs to, but is there a way to enforce a minimum spacing of the two staffs? In 2.10 I would tweak the forced-distance value to control the spacing on all the piano staffs, but that option seems to have disappeared in 2.11; the compiler complains about it, and the equivalent section in the 2.11 docs doesn't mention it. Thanks!

Ben