lilypond, guile, qt integration

From: Matevž Jekovec
Subject: lilypond, guile, qt integration
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:06:40 +0100

Hi guys.

The last time I checked LilyPond supported guile as a gtk frontend (a
simple canvas actually) where Lilypond rendered its work. I don't know
if I completely understood the concept now, but I'm looking for a Qt4
widget which LilyPond renders to. What I would like is to create a print
preview option in Canorus which exports notes to Lily fileformat and
runs it.

My current plan is to export the notes, run Lily and launch an external
PDF viewer to show the preview and/or print it. This brings lots of
problems beside (PDF viewer is external, what if user doesn't have any,
application is cross-platform etc.).

So I thought any of you guys already worked on this or have some
experience on it.

Regards.
-Matevž