Re: I need training...

From: Martin Seng Hin Yew
Subject: Re: I need training...
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:52:18 +0800

Stan Sanderson wrote:

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Martin Seng Hin Yew wrote:

Hello list,

The knowledge of programming and scripting, for me, was inadequate for years. I went 'C' Programming lectures at college (few years ago) and only learned 10% of the 2 inch thick book (my bad...). Doesn't know much to code object-oriented programming, like lilypond (i think so..., please correct me if I'm wrong)

So, i went through the lilypond official manual, learned something, but still, not quite understand to apply stuff like \score, \context, \voice etc, normal input like using \relative is okay. Do i still continue reading the lilypond manual and follow the chapters, or there's something external for me to study advanced coding in lilypond? I love lilypond and i want to do everything possible with this app!

My salute to the contributors and developers, thank you guys for created such an awesome magic!

Happy but confused,
Martin

Martin-

In addition to the excellent advice already given, I would suggest looking in <http://www.mutopiaproject.org/browse.html> pages for "practical" solutions to coding. Caution: check the LilyPond version number and also remember that there are often more elegant solutions!

Often confused, but also happy,

Stan

Hi Stan,

I've heard of this site but never make use of it. It is too great when you pointed me out. I see some Fernando Sor's .ly files there at the first page of mutopia, which is great :) I play the classical guitar.

Yes I'll careful with the version number. Thank You