Re: Minim and Quaver simultaneously

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Minim and Quaver simultaneously
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:50:41 -0600

On Jan 22, 2008 10:27 AM, Martin Seng Hin Yew <address@hidden> wrote:
Greeting Lilypond Users.
Please, do let me know how to code the first note in the attached image?
(A minim which stemmed down and up for a quaver, same time) I can't
think of a method.

Hi Martin,

#'merge-differently-headed is the command you seek:

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.34"

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

\context Staff <<
   \clef "treble_8"
   \context Voice = "first" {
      \voiceOne
      c8 [ e8 ] g8 [ c'8 ]
   }
   \context Voice = "second" {
      \voiceTwo
      \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##t
      c2
   }

Please see 1.5.2.1 Collision resolution for this and other goodies such as #'merge-differently-dotted, which you'll probably also want.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden