Re: Different tempos

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Different tempos
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:40:15 +0100

Am Montag, 21. Januar 2008 schrieb James E. Bailey:
> Yeah, the forbid_line_engraver did the trick. I shortened it a bit because
> the computer segmentation faulted at the original lengths, but it works.

>  \new Staff \with {
>  \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
>  \remove "Bar_engraver"
>  } \new Voice \with {\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"}
> {

You know that if you want to add/remove engravers from all staves or voices in
a piece, you don't have to add the \with {...} to every staff/voice...
Rather, you can simply remove the engravers from the \Voice, \Staff or
\RhythmicStaff contexts altogether in a \layout section. See the attached
file for your example, where I only moved the \remove commands to the \layout
section.
This makes lilypond files much easier to read (and easier to write, since you
don't have to repeat the same commands for all staves).

Cheers,
Reinhold