Re: triplet bracket looks different

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: triplet bracket looks different
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:21:06 -0600

2008/1/18 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
2008/1/18, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:

> I'll extract a minimal example later today and Valentin can judge if it
> belongs in the tracker.

Great! Thanks a lot :)

Hi Valentin,

Could you please consider the following for the tracker?

%%% BEGIN FULL-LENGTH TUPLET BRACKET GAP DISCREPANCY %%%

\version " 2.11.34"

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

\context Score <<
   \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 32)

   \context Staff = "first" {
      \time 4/4
      \set tupletFullLength = ##t
      \set tupletFullLengthNote = ##t
      %%% slightly narrower gaps between tuplet brackets here ...
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
   }

   \context Staff = "second" {
      \time 4/4
      \set tupletFullLength = ##t
      \set tupletFullLengthNote = ##f
      %%% ... and slightly wider gaps between tuplet bracket here
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
      \times 2/3 { c'4 c'8 }
   }

Notice that the gaps between successive tuplet brackets are somewhat narrower on the first staff and somewhat wider on the second staff. To my eye, the gaps on the *top* staff are correct (while the gaps on the bottom staff are too wide).

Thanks!

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden