Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:38:29 -0600

2008/1/14 Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden>:
If they are all from the Beethoven Piano Sonatas, then I can compare
them with the edition I have at home. Are there any any outside NR 1?

Oh excellent; indeed, they are all from the Beethoven sonatas. In fact I believe they are all from the mid- and late sonatas. Right now there are bits only in NR 1, at the head of each subsection ( 1.1 Pitches, 1.2 Rhythms, 1.3 Expresive marks, and so on, all the way to and with 1.8 Text).

I've put citations down to the measure in the comments (just click on the headword) ... although it can be fun to simply score read for a couple of minutes and try to recall movements for each of the examples from memory! (These are some of my very favorite moments in the Beethoven sonatas ... and in literature as a whole, for that matter ... ;-)

Andrew

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden