Re: Volunteering with LilyPond

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Volunteering with LilyPond
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 17:15:34 +0100

2008/1/6, Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden>:

> Hopefully, the GDP will be able to remedy some of this. As one of the
> rewriters of the Notation Reference (in fact the *only*, AKA "Mr Zero"), I
> can subscribe to some of the criticism. I don't know about the index -- I
> hardly ever use it, perhaps for the reasons you mention

Jeremiah,a question comes suddenly to my mind: do you ever use the
LilyPond Snippet Repository?

(It's OK if you don't, it would just mean that it's not visible enough)

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it

The LSR makes looking for tips extremely easy (Plus, we have a tagging
system that is gonna be accessible Real Soon Now, so things will be
made even easier).

Plus, it includes the whole LilyPond Documentation as well, and
searching for keywords is definitely much easier with this tool than
with the very limited index -- AFAIK only Graham has ever used it ;)

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Manual

> I'd love to be able to write
> \rehearsalmarks{alphabetic} or \setlenght{betweensystemspace}{2em} if
> someone writes a package that includes it.

What, you mean something like:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=368

:-)

Cheers,
Valentin

(PS. It's just a first try, which is why I haven't advertised it yet;
the whole code is commented out, as it is written for 2.11 and the LSR
is temporarily running 2.10)