Re: Layout integrating LaTeX and music

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: Layout integrating LaTeX and music
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:14:10 +0100

Thank you Helge,

the baseline of the lilypond fragment is now identical with the letter's
baseline. Have you got any idea why there is so much horizontal space in
between the round brackets and the fragment: (     fragment   )?

All the best,

PLS

Hi Ole,

I don*t know which platform you use (Windows, Linux or MacOs)

If you have a Mac than it should work as follows:

Open the terminal then type:

cd /
cd /Users/Ole/ %(your user name)
vi .profile    %(editor)

i              %(insert)

PATH=$PATH:"/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/"
export PATH     %(set the path)

:wq            %(to save and quit)

Now you have to run a script cslled lilypond-book. It is described in the
manual.

If you use the terminal then enter the following commands (but not the
comments):

mkdir -p out/   %this creates a new file called "out"

lilypond-book --output=out --psfonts yourfile.tex %name of your latex-file

cd out %go to the file "out"

latex yourfile %name of your latex-file instead od "yourfile"

dvips -o -Ppdf -h yourfile.psfonts yourfile %substitute "yourfile"
ps2pdf yourfile.ps

It makes your life easier if you install a script in your latex-editor. I use
Texshop and there is a little plugin called Lilypond-LaTeX. You can find it
here:

http://users.dimi.uniud.it/~nicola.vitacolonna/download/software/latex/Lilypond-LaTeX.engine.txt

Hope this helps,

PLS