Tuplet on single-note tremolo

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Tuplet on single-note tremolo
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:08:54 +0100

Hi,
Schubert's Stabat Mater (D.383) contains lots of measures (3/4 time), where
each beat is a eigth-tremolo using an additional triplet, ie. in lilypond
notation:
  \times 2/3 { a4.:8 } \times 4/6 {a2.:8} | ....

If I use this in lilypond, it gets the timing correct, but unfortunately the
tuplet (which appears only on a single printed note) does NOT display any
tuplet number... How can I make the tuplet number appear (at least for the
4/6 tuplet that's absolutely required!) ?

Attached is a "full" example of the problem and one correct note as it appears
in two printed editions (one from 1897 and the other from 1996).

Thanks,
Reinhold