Re: emacs lilypond-mode

From: thorne
Subject: Re: emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:39:28 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> For some odd reason the symbol used in lilypond-mode.el is in
> camelcase.  Try typing 'M-x LilyPond-mode'.

Actually, i never mentioned it here because i didn't want to seem like i
was harping on little things, but i really think this is a problem with
LilyPond-mode.  Even as a long-time Emacs user i had to futz and thrash
around for a while myself trying to figure out why even after loading
the file, `M-x lilypond-mode RET' wouldn't work.  It is so against the
grain of Emacs common practice to use marketing caps in an interactive
function name that it just never occurred to me until i looked at the
source code.

It might be as simple as going through the .el files and doing a
`replace-regexp' to fix it.  I would be happy to try myself if someone
told be where to send a patch or patched version.

--
Theron TtlÄx