Re: Smaller PDF, shrinking away largeness

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Re: Smaller PDF, shrinking away largeness
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:10:29 -0600

On Dec 13, 2007 12:18 PM, daf <address@hidden> wrote:

In the interim, PDFCreator is a free win utility and does a great job of
stripping the extra bytes away: simply install, select PDFCreator as your
printer and print.  The resulting output can be 80% smaller, or more.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

For Mac OS X users you already have an application that will do this. I just open the .ps file in the "Preview" application and then do a "Save As..." to a .pdf file. One example I have is a .ps file that is 1.2MB in size. Lilypond generates a .pdf file that is 364KB. The file that I create from the .ps file ends up being 84KB.

-Eric