RE: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:14:25 -0000

Reinhold, you said

> That's infeasible: I have a full score of 100
> pages, where I want to use
> partcombine for the flutes, oboes, fagotti,
> horns, tromboni and violas (not
> all instruments appear on all 100 pages, but its
> still too much to do
> manually). The unison measure are so numerable
> that doing this manually this
> would be a really huge effort, for no apparent
> reason, as those things could
> be auto-detected.

I thought my suggestion might be too much manual
effort, but it's the best I have to offer.  If
\partcombine worked the way you want that would be
the obvious solution, but it doesn't.  As Mats said,
we know \partcombine is lacking but I'm not aware of
any development effort going into it at present.
Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Trevor D