Re: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:35:53 -0500

Hi Peter,

Well, thanks for replying, but of course it didn't solve the problem.

I know... sorry.

for one who engraves only piano music, it is the harsh reality that the results of lilypond are not that pretty when one has the insane idea of centering dynamics...

[n.b. Perhaps again here the "insane" has a little too much sarcasm in it to be encouraging to conversation...? ;-) ]

As someone who engraves more piano music than anything else, I agree that there are a *bunch* of things in piano music that should be handled better by Lilypond: cross-staff chords, S-slurs, centred dynamics, etc.

However, there is no question in my mind that I get my scores engraved more quickly in Lilypond -- even counting time to do any necessary manual tweaks -- than any other environment. So I put up with it.

All that being said, I offer YET AGAIN to $pon$or a real piano code rewrite...

Anyone?
Anyone??
Bueller???
;-)