MIDI to sheet music?

From: clara
Subject: MIDI to sheet music?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:49:31 +0000 (UTC)

i read that you can convert MIDI to sheet music using lilypond here:
http://paulm.com/inchoate/2005/07/how_to_find_and_create_your_own_she.html

but since i am new to lilypond, i am really confused. does lilypond have a
built-in MIDI converter? or do i have to download another program to convert to
"lilypond language?" How do i do so?

I have read the FAQ here, but it is very confusing. It's kind of like learning
HTML, but way harder. I simply don't understand the URL below at all.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Invoking-midi2ly

can you please teach me how to convert MIDI?

thanks.