Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood LSR
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:02:16 -0800

Rune Zedeler wrote:
Not all regressions are caught by the regression test. For instance we - for obvious reasons - have no "it must be possible to use all strings on a tabstaff"-regression test. And it so happens that none of the regression tests use the lowermost string. So even if (in your dreams) we had a user to check the regression tests the error would still not have been caught.

Well, we could modify an existing regression test to test lowermost strings on a tabstaff. LSR is not intended to be a regression checking framework. Trying to make it into one such thing is a silly exercise in reinventing the wheel. More to the point, the amount of resources that we have for modifying LSR are extremely limited, and they certainly shouldn't be spent recreating the extensive regression testing framework that Han-Wen/Jan created.

My dream of finding a user who can spend 15 minutes per month looking at a bloody webpage is still quite alive.

Cheers,
- Graham