Problem with multiple melody lines

From: Garrett Fitzgerald
Subject: Problem with multiple melody lines
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:29:25 -0500

This is really a question I should not be asking when I don't have the
actual code in front of me, but is there a problem with
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Switching-the-melody-associated-with-a-lyrics-line
and triplets? I had the darnedest time getting something to match up
last night -- the only way I could finally get it to work was to
extend the duplicated melody for an extra note, but that had made it
print two D1s next to each other, which isn't exactly pretty. I'll
follow up with a reproduceable sample later, but it was something like

\time 2/4 g4. g8 | g4. g8 | \time 4/4 c1

against

\time 2/4 g2 | \times 2/3 {g4 g g}| \time 4/4 c1

The lyrics on the second line would wind up against the triplets, but
the word from the next note would wind up on the eighth note from the
first line.