Re: once again with a header, tie into polyphony question

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: once again with a header, tie into polyphony question
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 03:40:56 +0100

On 21.11.2007 (13:58), Rune Zedeler wrote:
>  Ole Schmidt skrev:
>
> > I want to have both of the first two notes tied -the d and the f-sharp. How
> > do I achieve
> > that?

Another possibility is to fake it by letting a stemless (i.e. transparent
stem) in one voice be merged with that of another: the head is still there,
and can therefore start a tie, but it appears as if the ties change from
one voice to another. Below is the first measure of Fernando Sor's Fantasie
elegiaque, which requires the notes of a grace-like arpeggio to be tied to
three different voices. It may not be the prettiest code in the world, but
at least it works....

(BTW, I thought there was supposed to be something like
\override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t
\override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##t
in there, but apparently, it works)

\relative c' {
  \key e\minor
  \time 4/4
  <<
    {
      \set Staff.tieWaitForNote = ##t
      \partial 64*5
      \voiceOne \slurDown
      a64\f fis' c'
      \tieDown
      dis64~  c'
      \stemUp
      <dis, c'>4..
      \times 2/5 { b'32 a g fis e } dis8
    }
    \\
    {
      \voiceTwo
      s64
      \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
      fis,64~
      \noBeam \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
      c'64*3~ <fis, c'>4..
    }
    \\
    {
      \voiceFour
      \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
      \tieDown
      a,64*5 ~
      \stemDown a2

Eyolf