Re: LSR -> lilypond docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR -> lilypond docs
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/11/10, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
LSR finally has tags, so it's time to describe how LSR and the lilypond
docs are linked.
> you'll probably be mad at me for cutting hair again, but I couldn't
help notice on the page

This isn't cutting hair in the least.  Granted, I remember discussing
this a few months ago.  But if there's anything like this that you're
not clear about, please ask.

Here, it appears to be 2.11.32 (though the LSR is, IIRC, still running
2.10.something).

Does it mean that integrated LSR snippets will automatically be
upgraded to the last LilyPond version (which the GDP is supposed to
document)?

Yes.  Well, run through convert-ly.  This may or may not automatically
perform all the updates; it depends on convert-ly.

Isnt'it a bit ackward if LSR snippets and GDP snippets have a slightly
different syntax?

Yes, but this is unavoidable.  Lilypond GIT needs to compile with the
specific version of lilypond.  The best we can do is run the snippets
through convert-ly.

If you're going to ask about upgrading LSR, bear in mind that this
involves an unknown amount of work from Sebastiano, and that 2.11.34
contains known serious bugs.  Based on the reaction to .35, I might
propose .36 as a candidate for LSR-upgrading.

The tentative plan is to upgrade LSR to a 2.12 beta release, then
upgrade it again to 2.12.2 or .3 -- ie a stable 2.12.

Cheers,
- Graham