Re: User survey? (Graham Percival)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: User survey? (Graham Percival)
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:37:28 -0800

Maurits Lamers wrote:
.  There was recently a proposal to create a mini "online
tutorial" for the lilypond application

Err, sorry, I should clarify that this "online" is the 1980s definition of "online" -- meaning "as part of the program". Think of the "tutorials" in many computer games.

I realize this was a very confusing usage of the term, and I have honestly no idea why I wrote it that badly.

I have written a small tutorial for first year music technology students (in Dutch, link: http://kmt.hku.nl/~maurits/doku.php?id=lilypond:start ).

We already have a tutorial, so this is of limited use -- the problem is directing new users to *a* tutorial, not the specific tutorial.

I really can't recall any recent questions that were answered in our tutorial -- people either don't realize that lilypond has a GUI (hence my comment about "integrated tutorial inside the lilypond app"), or their questions are much more advanced.

Cheers,
- Graham