Re: music notation

From: bernie arai
Subject: Re: music notation
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:45:14 -0700

i am also definitely not a programmer, and i really value the quality and control that i get using lilypond (after migrating from finale).  it's just a matter of making a paradigm shift from wysiwyg score editting to text-based score engraving.

fwiw, i got finale 2000 to work on my linux box under wine without too much hassle.  but i never ended up using it once i started learning lilypond...

bernie