can't set RehearsalMark break-align-symbols

From: Adam James Wilson
Subject: can't set RehearsalMark break-align-symbols
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:33:05 -0700

Hi all,

I know this issue has come up before; just wondering if there is a
workaround that doesn't involve tweaking each object that is aligned
unsuitably . . .

I have moved ReheasalMark to the Staff context.  I want each
RehearsalMark never to align to a clef but always to a staff-bar.  The
default for RehearsalMark's break-align-symbols property is
'(staff-bar clef).

Whenever I have a mid-line clef change, RehearsalMark wants to align
to the new clef (positioned right before the bar in which it takes
effect) instead of the following staff-bar.

When I try removing clef from the symbol list as shown below . . .

\override Staff.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = '(staff-bar)

. . . I get no change in behavior.

Any tweak suggestions?

Best,
Adam