Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 01:05:06 +0200

I made a last attempt, with minimal files included, which look like
this:

playground/book.tex:
    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
    \include{out/lpb-file}
    \end{document}

playground/lpb-file.lytex:
    \lilypondfile{music.ly}

playground/music.ly:
    \version "2.10.25"
    \relative c' {
      \clef treble
    a'2 gis4. gis8 gis4 a b2. c4 c b a2 gis
    c4 c8 c c2 c c4. c8 g4 a b2 c
    r4 b8 b b2 b4 cis4 d2. d4 c2. a4 gis4 a2 gis4 a1 }

I have no preamble or anything in the lytex-file, because it is
supposed to be included in the book.tex file.

A run of lilypond-book --psfonts --output=out gives the following
structure, with the relevant files given in full:

    playground/book.tex
    playground/lpb-file.lytex
    playground/music.ly

    playground/out:
    lily-05a48313a2-1.eps
    lily-05a48313a2-2.eps
    lily-05a48313a2-systems.tex:
        \includegraphics{lily-05a48313a2-1}
        \ifx\betweenLilyPondSystem \undefined
          \linebreak
        \else
          \betweenLilyPondSystem{1}
        \fi
        \includegraphics{lily-05a48313a2-2}
        % eof - 'eof' is Makefile marker; do not remove.

    lily-05a48313a2-systems.texi
    lily-05a48313a2.eps
    lily-05a48313a2.ly
    lily-05a48313a2.txt
    lpb-file.dep
    lpb-file.psfonts
    lpb-file.tex
        {%
        \parindent 0pt%
        \ifx\preLilyPondExample \undefined%
         \relax%
        \else%
         \preLilyPondExample%
        \fi%
        \def\lilypondbook{}%
        \input lily-05a48313a2-systems.tex%
        \ifx\postLilyPondExample \undefined%
         \relax%
        \else%
         \postLilyPondExample%
        \fi%
        }

    snippet-map.ly
    snippet-names

Now, if all the includes and inputs are resolved, the book.tex file
ends up looking like this, with irrelevant lines deleted:

    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
    {%
    \includegraphics{lily-05a48313a2-1}
    \includegraphics{lily-05a48313a2-2}
    }
    \end{document}

which means it's not strange that latex complains that:

    ! I can't find file `lily-05a48313a2-systems.tex'.
    <to be read again>
                       \relax
    l.11  \relax
                %
    Please type another input file name:

since what it SHOULD have been looking for, is
out/lily-05a48313a2-systems.tex.

Now, is this how it's supposed to be, or is there a way to work around
this? As I said, I'm happy to keep all the output files in the main
folder -- now it's become almost a matter of principle: I want to find
out if I've overlooked something...

eyolf
--
C-3PO:
        R2 says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1.