multiple tempi in a single piece

From: Kieran Coulter
Subject: multiple tempi in a single piece
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 22:39:55 -0000

Hi everyone,

I am sure there is a way to do this, but maybe someone here has already faced this challenge and can help show me how it can be done.

My example is the Bach Sinfonia from Partita #2. It has a Grave, Andante, and Allegro, but the MIDI file plays all the sections at the same speed, 120bpm. I am looking for a way to modify the .ly file so that it generats a MIDI file that plays the Grave at say 40bpm, the Andante at 80bpm, and only the Allegro at 120bpm.

I would greatly appreciate any help to discover how to do this!

Thanks,

Kieran Coulter