Repeat timelines in the middle of a part.

From: m. r. johnston
Subject: Repeat timelines in the middle of a part.
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:43:29 -0700

Is there a way to make lilypond draw alternate timelines in the middle
of a part?

If you look at the attached example.jpg file, this is how repeat
changes are traditionally represented in the middle of parts of
bagpipe music.

The best I have been able to come up with in lilypond is the attached
example.ly file.

It gets the point across, but it would be nice to be able to use the
repeat/alternative commands to do this.

And if that is not possible, how do I get lilypond to draw the closing
bracket on the timeline?

Any help is appreciated.

%%michael