Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:47:23 +0200

Mats Bengtsson schrieb:

There's no need for trial and error. If you want the text exactly
centered with the music, then you can use

\markup {
 {
   \general-align #Y #CENTER foo
   \general-align #Y #CENTER \snip

which sets the alignment point of both the text and the \snip
on the vertical of the respective markup. What my previous suggestion does is to align the baseline of the text with the center of \snip, which explains why the text ended up slightly too high, in your opinion.

Ha! I should learn not to stop thinking in the middle of experiments. :) Of course you are right. Thanks for the explanation and for pointing me to this solution!

Best,
Max