Re: Writing a book (libretto) using LilyPond

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Writing a book (libretto) using LilyPond
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:34:44 +0200

"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everybody, hello Nicolas,
>
> (by the way: many thanks for handling the \smallCaps bug)
>
> I'm editing (as a small book) the libretto of my opera, and I thought
> it would be just great if I could do this using LilyPond, particularly
> thanks to the \markuplines etc commands.
>
> [...]
>
> Basically, what I need is a Scheme macro that I could use for each
> line of the dialogue. This includes:
> -the name of the Character who's speaking (smallCaps, centered)
> -optionally a small indication following the name (italic, in parentheses)
> -the line itself, which can include short indications in italic with
> parentheses
> -optionally an independant indication before the next character starts
> talking.

You may look at:

  prose: /Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme/, Molière, Lully
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2006/05/10/7>

  verses: /Amour Malade/, Lully, Butti
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2006/04/16/6>

where commands are defined for displaying character name, didascalies
(don't know the English for that), verses, text, etc.

nicolas