Re: Fwd: Users' Manual

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Fwd: Users' Manual
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:51:05 +0200

On 29.09.2007 (06:07), Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:

> I would buy the manual in a nice spiral book, perhaps the sales could be used
> to pay developers.  The cost of printing and binding the PDF at my local
> office store is not cheap, and I'd much rather have the money go to the
> devs. and to the doc writers.  If you guys could work something out and sell
> it on the lp site profitably.

THat's actually one of the first things I did when I realized that
"hey, I'm going to ditch Finale!": I went to the copyshop and made
myself a spiral bound version of the manual, since, as I thought: I'm
going to use this one a lot.
Which I did, although I've used the pdf file more. But some kind of
print-on-demand solution (there is also lulu.com) where some money
could go to the devs, wouldn't be a bad solution, and probably both
better and cheaper than what I got.

"A University without students is like an ointment without a fly."
        -- Ed Nather, professor of astronomy at UT Austin