Re: tuplets

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: tuplets
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:09:59 +0300

Cześć Michał,
fajnie, że ktoś chce tłumaczyć LP na język polski, bardzo się cieszę.

michał poręba wrote:
It seems to be a big problem for all of as. I am wanna-be polish translator
and I have to admit that in my mother language people use tuplet, but only
those who know Finale. None of encyclopedias, none of dictionaries I have
mention that word. So what should I do? What should we do? Shell we use the
Finale word? Use "rhytmische Konstruktionen" or"konstrukcje rytmiczne"?
rhythmic group, figure?
I think, every translator can really think about what is the best possibility for their language. I don't see a problem that these translations differ from each other. This is also the case for other parts of the manual. I don't speak Polish so well, but "konstrukcje rytmiczne" sounds
good to me... Or you might go the way in creating a new word...
Should we find out a new LP name for that thing?
I am fine with the English name of the thing, as it is intuitiv (at least to me) and somewhat spread
among English speakers.

Greetings
Till