Re: ANSWER, Re: problem with full-measure rests in differently time-scal

From: Adam James Wilson
Subject: Re: ANSWER, Re: problem with full-measure rests in differently time-scaled staves
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:42:45 -0700

Hi Valentin,

Most of my music has two or more tempos going simultaneously, so I have become intimately acquainted with the use of compressMusic. :)

Will the chunk of code I sent to the list suffice for an LSR snippet?

Best regards,
Adam

On 9/19/07, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
2007/9/20, Adam James Wilson <address@hidden>:
> I answered my own question: it turns out if I set the \time  of the
> offending staff to ["global" voice \time * crosspulse ratio] - in this
> case 3/8 * 4/9, or 1/6, the full measure rests appear correctly in the
> lower staff.  This gives a time signature of 1/6, but this can easily
> be replaced with a "dummy" 3/8.  Solution below.

Great!
(honestly, I had no idea how to solve it -- though I didn't really
try, since all these \compressMusic things are usually painful to get
working)...

How about adding it to the LSR so that anyone can find it easily?

Cheers,
Valentin