Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:58:30 +0200

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/14, Vít Reichel <address@hidden>:

There is no need for compressing music as the number of eighth notes in both
staves is the same. The problem is that I would need regular intervals between
the sixteenth notes.

Oh, I understand now! This is indeed tricky; the Spacing_engraver, and
every properties of the SpacingSpanner object, apply to the whole
score, no matter where you put it.
Actually, I don't understand exactly what you are asking for.
If you want the 16th notes regularly spaced, read the two sections
on "Proportional notation" in the manual. At the bottom of the
second of these two (Sect. 11.6.5), you will also find settings that
makes it possible for LilyPond to insert more line breaks, which
seems to be another problem in your current score.

  /Mats