Re: GDP for kids :)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP for kids :)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:43:35 +0200

2007/9/12, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Peter pointed out the direct fifth in the counterpoint; I'll point out
> that the name should be "Pond, Lily Pond" -- use a comma, not a semicolon.

Oh yes. Absolutely. I just wanted it to sound like the dramatically
intense two seconds pause that the actors use in the movies: "Bond.
... ...James Bond" :)

Karl: Very good idea. "LilyPond vs Dr. Note" :)

Jan et al.: Wow. This was just the result of a sleepless night caused
(among others) by those GDP discussions; I'm glad you guys like it.
I'd be extremely glad to write some more; this is kind of what I do
with my youngest pupils (but then again, I suck at the graphical
part).

btw, the svg sources are freely
available/modifiable/redistriuable/dowhateveryouwantevenifit'stoiletpaperable

GDP discussions not only emphasize each one's pov, but show our common
desire to make LilyPond perfect and easy (the website's catchline says
it all: "Music notation for everyone".), and particularly soften its
notorious learning curve. I often refer to my grandmother, who almost
knew how to use LilyPond before even knowing what a *keyboard* was --
but as I've recently told Graham, it's "time to retire the mom test"
;)
http://www.linux.com/feature/118863

That was kind of the spirit.

Thanks you all for your time.