Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:54:20 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

The problem is, as Mats says, it's not specific to beaming; it applies
equally to things like slurs and ties. If a snippet is to be submitted to
LSR, it needs to be more generalized.

Fine, but I'm sure we will see the same basic question coming
back in other situations, where the curly braces instead belong
to a \repeat{...} or \relative{...} or \grace{...} or ... and sooner or
later we will exhaust both snippet writers as well as the users
trying to search the growing amount of snippets.

The solution is to try to make the general principles as clear as
possible in the manual, so you don't have to include a specific
example of every single special case in the LSR.

I've added this as a general issue to address when working on the learning manual. Probably in about three months.

Cheers,
- Graham