Re: Tip: defining new contexts ... starting from existing contexts

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Tip: defining new contexts ... starting from existing contexts
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:24:11 -0500

On 9/11/07, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2007/7/21, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
>
> > Looks great (I've often been looking for such a tip in the past).
> >
> > I'll make a patch soon.
>
> Mmm... still haven't made any patch yet :(  Sorry.
>
> Since we're talking about GDP and rewriting changing-defaults.itely, I
> think we shouldn't forget to add your tip about the order of
> definitions, Trevor.
> (For the original mail, see
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-07/msg00526.html
> )

Sure. If you or Graham tell me where to stick the content, I'll turn
that post into real docs.

(I've lost track of the halftime score on the doc discussion: in the
2.11 manual, 9.2.7 "Defining new contexts" talks about this stuff;
under the 2.11 structure I would say that we rename 9.2.7 "Defining
new contexts from scratch" and then create a new subsection (9.2.8)
"Defining new contexts from existing contexts". But do we want two
sections like this in the new manual? Or are we now lumping such
things together? Just let me know and I'll write accordingly.)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden