Lilypond fonts in Latex

From: Stuart Pullinger
Subject: Lilypond fonts in Latex
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:08:19 +0100

Hi,

Briefly: Has anyone created the font descriptor (*.fd) and style
(*.sty) files that would enable Lilypond's fonts to be used in LaTeX?

I'd like to use Lilypond's fonts in the body of a Latex document as well
as using lilpond-book for the musical examples. Searching the
lilypond-user archives reveals this answer which seems to be out of
date:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00115.html

I have found the feta20.tex file but I presume this is a left-over from
the days when Lilypond used TeX as its layout engine.

As I understand it, there are 4 options open to me:

1. Use lilypond-book - Seems to create a large amount of whitespace
around the character.

2. Use a tool such as otftotfm to install the emmentaler*.otf fonts.
Use a tool such as autoinst or fontools to create the fd and sty files.
http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/cerl/publications/owens:2006:tia/owens-otfinst-tugboat2006.pdf
- These tools don't seem to like the emmentaler fonts, possibly
something to do with the size being reported as 0?

3. Copy the metafont source files (*.mf) to my TeX directory and create
the fd and sty files manually.

4. Install the feta type1 fonts. As in:
http://www.mamster.net/tex/latex-fontfaq-amster-burton.pdf

I'm going to try option 3. If anyone has any advice or experience in
doing this it would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart Pullinger