Re: Need advice re; text and lyrics combination(s)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Need advice re; text and lyrics combination(s)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:31:34 -0400

Hi Jay,

What suggestions does anyone have to get the two lines to be together so the words attached to both notes and rests line up better.

I'm not sure exactly what you want (especially, for example, with the bold markup "In Position..." -- is that supposed to be a subtitle?)... Regardless, I took a stab at clearing up your code a bit -- maybe my edits will give you a shove in the right direction.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
_________________________

\version "2.10.25"

\header
{
        title = "Tunnel Piece"
        composer = "Jay Hamilton"
        copyright = \markup
                {
                        \tiny \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5)
                        \center-align
                        {
                                "CC lic 2.5 some rights reserved Jay Hamilton
1989"
                                "see
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/";

muA = \markup { \tiny \italic "words spoken on rests and handclaps" }
muB = \markup { \hspace #0 \raise #1.5 \bigger \bold "In Position at the middle of the Tunnel" }
crossesOn = \override NoteHead #'style = #'cross
crossesOff = \revert NoteHead #'style

fluteMusic = \relative c''
{
        \tempo 4=75 \time 6/8
        r4^\muA es8 des ~ des4 |
\crossesOn bes8 bes^\muB \crossesOff r4 \crossesOn bes8 bes \crossesOff |
        r4 es8 des ~ des4 |
        \crossesOn bes8 bes \crossesOff r4 \crossesOn bes8 bes \crossesOff |
}

fluteLyrics = \lyricmode
{
        ay oh rack \markup { \column { RACK a } } rack a ay oh rack  a rack a
}

\score
{
        <<
\new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Singer I" shortInstrumentName = "I." midiInstrument = "flute" }
                        << \new Voice = "flute" \fluteMusic >>
                \new Lyrics \lyricsto flute \fluteLyrics