Re: initial acciaccatura confuses things?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: initial acciaccatura confuses things?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:04:47 +0200

This bug is described in the manual in the section on grace notes, together with an explanation on how to solve the problem.

  /Mats

Quoting Ed Ravin <address@hidden>:

I am trying to transcribe a piano piece that beings with a grace note in
the lower staff.

 lower = \relative c, {
          \clef bass
          \key c \major
          \time 4/4

 %%%%%   e4 fs g a |

     }

If I uncomment the "e4 fs g a |" line, then everything renders as expected.

But when the first element is the acciaccatura, everything renders weird.
The clefs and time signatures are drawn twice on the melody line and upper
staff, the time signature (but not the clef) is drawn twice on the lower
staff, and the acciaccatura on the lower staff is stretched across from
one time signature to the next.

What on earth is going on here?  For the details, see:

  http://www.panix.com/~eravin/brokenlily/broken.pdf

And the full LilyPond source file is there at:

  http://www.panix.com/~eravin/brokenlily/broken.ly.txt

I'm using LilyPond 2.10.29 on a G4 Mac OS 10.3.9.