Re: a few lead sheet questions

From: Daniel Tonda
Subject: Re: a few lead sheet questions
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:01:59 -0500

For the [A] mark wouldn't

\mark \markup{\box{\bold{A}}} work for you?

Daniel Tonda C.

2007/8/10, Ed Ardzinski <address@hidden >:

Hi Daniel - Don't know about your first 2 questions, but you can use any symbol you want for a chord.  Search the regression tests/documentation for "Chord Name Exceptions", but that might still be a little tough to follow until after you understand it.  If you need to I can send some code examples (for the version I'm using - 2.6.5 - but I *think* it's a similar process in later versions) later int he day when I get home.

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: a few lead sheet questions
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:27:52 +0200

> At the moment, I am using LilyPond to generate some jazz lead sheets,
> which works fine, but there are a few minor problems I couldn't solve
> myself:
>
> - Is it somehow possible to have clef and key signature at the first
> staff only? If yes, how could I place barlines at the beginning of
> each staff (in order to "close" them)?
>
> - What would be the most convenient way to have "section letters"?
> (Something like [A] at the upper left of the beginning staff of the
> a-section)
>
> - How can I get a dash instead of "m" for minor chords?
>
> I tried to search the (fine) documentation for these issues, but even
> after quite some time I have not found a solution. Maybe I just used
> the wrong keywords or there is not an easy way. Since I am still a
> beginner, I find myself a bit overwhelmed with the docs sometimes...
>
> TIA
>
> dhl

Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now.