Re: Whatis on the fly

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: Whatis on the fly
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:23:06 +0000 (UTC)

As an American, I have to say that with so many of these
expressions, the meanings can change considerably based on the context.

In this particular instance, the writer wants to be able to apply a single
statement or rule and have the staves appear and disappear on their own
without any further input.  It really has nothing to do with changing
something as the software runs (in this case compiles).

Trying to understand these subtleties can often leave one "up a creek
without a paddle", but hopefully, one can find an answer, "Lord willin' and
the creek don't rise".