Re: Horizontal brackets

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Re: Horizontal brackets
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:45:30 +0200

Hello,

the problem is that I can't figure out how to set up the #'edge-text property to draw the lines (the markup doesn't accept the draw-line command, and it's not included in the list of valid markup commands for 2.10.10). Now I've spent at about an hour with adopting the code that I got a few days ago for Bartok-pizz to make it able to draw a line (as the Bartok-pizz sign has a line included), with the following code:

\override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #(cons (markup #:stencil
       (ly:stencil-add
         (ly:make-stencil
           (list 'draw-line x1 x2 x3 x4 x5)
           '(x6 . x7) '(x8 . x9)
         )
     )
   )  (markup #:stencil
       (ly:stencil-add
         (ly:make-stencil
           (list 'draw-line x10 x11 x12 x13 x14)
           '(x15 . x16) '(x17 . x18)
         )
     )
   ) )

where the values x1-x18 are number parameters. The problem is, that I'm googleing and searching every documentation I've found, but I can't guess the meaning of these 18 parameters (in fact, just 9, as the other 9 are supposed to mean the same thing).

Could anybody explain for me what these numbers mean, and how to force them to draw a simple vertical line which fits to the textspanner's line?

Thank you,
Adam

P.S. Sorry for the many questions I'm posting, but I started using Lilypond a week ago or so, and I couldn't find up to now an acceptable reference manual for it (so, a collection of documents that contain every possible command with their every possible parameters and values, like for example the javadocs for Java). Does exist this kind of documentation somewhere?

Siska Ádám
+36 (70) 207-63-85
http://apocalypse.rulez.org/~sadam