Re: jazz chords in LilyPond

From: Tao Cumplido
Subject: Re: jazz chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:07:22 +0200

I also have my own chord font and to get it work in LilyPond I use a voice
consisting of skips only with the attached chord names as simple TextScript.
I do this because if you just attach them to the notes of your melody (or
whatever) the horizontal baseline for TextScript will move for each note that
is beyond the uppermost staffline.

Later I realized that LilyPond also doesn't use the Font's baseline for
different markups.
For example in my font the sharp-sign goes higher and lower than a standard
character, i.e. | s1^"F7" s1^"F#7" | will produce the F#-chord appearing a
little higher than the F7.
Therefore I made a special version of the font just for LilyPond with invisible
blocks below each character on a fixed horizontal line.

regards,

Tao

-------- Original-Nachricht --------