Re: Custom Volta repeats

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Custom Volta repeats
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:14:50 +0100

Hi Romel,

I was most successful with this:

\score {
    \new Voice \relative c' {
        c4 d e g |
        c, d e g
        \repeat volta 2 {
            a g c b |
            a g e d
        }

        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(end-repeat start-repeat (volta "1 - 4"))
            g f e d
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(end-repeat (volta "5"))
        c1 \bar "|."

and this gets me the results that I want, but it generates a warning:
warning: already have a volta spanner, ending that one prematurely

I think that's the only way you'll get the desired output, but you haven't told Lilypond when to stop the first volta before creating a new one; using (volta #f) will get rid of the warning:

\set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f) end-repeat (volta "5"))

Naturally, unless the c1 is the last bar, you'll need another (volta #f) to stop the second volta bracket too.

Regards,
Neil