RE: Merging scores in one pdf

From: Paul Harouff
Subject: RE: Merging scores in one pdf
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:32:43 -0500

The biggest pain which made me give up was \markup is assumed to be
associated with the score after it. The vertical spacing and page breaks
don't allow you to end a page with a \markup block. It always moves to the

I can see the usefulness of the \markup block as it is currently programmed.
But it is really intended for adding a few words of performance directions
above a score.

What I would really like to have is a \text block with all the usual
formatting capability of a \markup but not associated with any \score. Each
block would represent a paragraph of plain text. Ideally, the vertical
spacing and page breaks should treat each \text block just as it would a
\score block. It might even be useful for the \text block to have \layout
and \markup just like a \score block for paragraph titles.

Also, when I use \center in a \markup block outside of a score, I expect the
text to center between the page margins (i.e., center on the entire width of
the \score object below), not center on the left margin so the text runs off
the page. In my opinion, having to use fill-line or other tweaks to get the
text to move to the center of the page is a bug, not a feature.

Paul