Absolutely evenly aligned table of chords ... with plenty of accidentals

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Absolutely evenly aligned table of chords ... with plenty of accidentals?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:59:12 -0500

Hi,

OK, this is a type of challenge that's defeated me. I'm wondering if
anybody can reach a perfect solution?

What I'm wanting to do is print a table of chords. One chord per
measure. Measures in 1/4. The chords have lots of accidentals.

I'm picky about the spacing. So I want noteheads to align *vertically*
(between systems).

And I also want all barlines to align vertically between systems.

(I don't care about the accidentals aligning vertically between
systems; just the noteheads within the chords.)

The snippet here comes very, very close to this goal. But you can see
that the right edge is ragged (ie, that the last barlines don't align
vertically between systems).

Can anyone produce a perfect solution?

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.25"
\include "english.ly"

\layout {
  indent = #0
  ragged-right = ##t
  \context { \Score
     % next-note is set below
     \override BarLine #'space-alist = #'(
       (time-signature extra-space . 0.75)
       (custos minimum-space . 2.0)
       (clef minimum-space . 1.0)
       (key-signature extra-space . 1.0)
       (key-cancellation extra-space . 1.0)
       (first-note fixed-space . 0.0)
       (next-note semi-fixed-space . 10)
       (right-edge extra-space . 0.0))
     % and first-note is set below
     \override Clef #'space-alist = #'(
        (ambitus extra-space . 2.0)
        (staff-bar extra-space . 0.7)
        (key-cancellation minimum-space . 3.5)
        (key-signature minimum-space . 3.5)
        (time-signature minimum-space . 4.2)
        (first-note fixed-space . 12.0)
        (next-note extra-space . 0.5)
        (right-edge extra-space . 0.5))
     proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)
     % strict-note-spacing is NOT set
     % \override SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing = ##t
     \remove Separating_line_group_engraver
  }
  \context { \Staff
     \remove Time_signature_engraver

\new Staff {
  \time 1/4

  < cs'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4 \break

  < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' gf'' af'' >4
  < cf'' >4
  < cf'' df'' >4
  < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' >4 \break

  < cs'' ds'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4
  < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' as'' >4 \break
}

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden