Re: commands list and syntax

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: commands list and syntax
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:50:59 +0200

About the "macro/identifier/variable" concept:  I meant: this does not work

%%
xx= \italic
\score {  {   a^\markup { \xx hi } } }
%%
in spite of this being ok:
%%
\score { { a^\markup{ \italic hi } } }
%%

This shows (i assume) that the assigment of a identifier si not a
static sustitution as (a textual macro, a C #define). I'd like to
understand better what it is... Another example:

I recommend that you look at
2.3.1 Music expressions explained
in the documentation for version 2.11.

Actually, in this particular situation, the main insight is that text markup commands are handled differently than other commands
or macros. The details of how text markup commands are implemented
and how you can add your own is provided in Sect. "Markup programmer
interface".

   /Mats