Re: lilypond-book and pagebreaking

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pagebreaking
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:18:30 +0200

As far as I can see, the command \betweenLilyPondSystem is used both
between headers and music as well as between score lines, so the only
reason I can see that it's more likely to get a break after a header may
be that the score lines take more vertical space than the headers, so if
LaTeX has to make a page break anyway, then it will be easier to fit
in the header at the bottom of a page than another score line.

Do you have more than a single score in each lilypond block? Otherwise,
it should be possible to insert some command before each lilypond block to
encourage LaTeX to make page breaks there, rather than within the lilypond block.

  /Mats

Laura Conrad wrote:
I just had the bright idea to have lilypond-book tell latex to try to
keep individual pieces on a page by defining:

     \newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\linebreak\nopagebreak}

This seems to work to discourage breaks within the music, but it has
the unfortunate effect of making it even more likely that there will
be a break between the headers and the music, which is even more
undesirable.

Is there a \afterLilyPondHeader command or some such?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology