Re: Mac OS X libguile.17.dylib Trace/BPT Trap error when adding a second

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: Mac OS X libguile.17.dylib Trace/BPT Trap error when adding a second voice to piano score
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 23:08:08 -0700

this is a very strange error; I'm also missing which "symbol" isn't
found.  Can you run the actual binary from a terminal, and send me the
output?

The binary is in lilypond.app/contents/resource/bin/lilypond

Sorry this has taken so long, I've been occupied with some other
problems with xorg on another machine ... but  I always run lilypond
in a terminal.

******************* snip ************************

/Users/nicholas/bin/lilypond Sonata_Emajor_K53
dyld: Symbol not found:
Referenced from:
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/../lib//libguile.17.dylib
Expected in:
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/../lib//libguile.17.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
******************* end snip **********

I'm calling lilypond using a script from the Mac OS X hints suggestion
of the lilypond documentation. Its just a simple one liner:

****** snip *******

#!/bin/bash
#
exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"

I should also mention that the error happens so fast after the command
has been issued that I don't think lilypond actually had time to parse
the code I wrote.... puzzeling since it worked fine up to that point,
I had assumed it was my coding that was in error.

Cheers,
David

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov