Re: Again Fontsizes in stanzas

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Again Fontsizes in stanzas
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 01:58:45 +0200

Sebastian Menge wrote:

Hi

I'm still looking for a way to fit latex fonts with lilypond fonts for
stanzas.

So heres what I do: include a lilypond snippet in my latex file, add
more stanzas below it with latex.

Someone here suggested to use newcent as latex font. I do that and the
fonts seem to to be the same, but not the sizes. :-/

I can enlarge the whole staff using the staffsize option, but i want the
_same_ fontsize as in latex. (e.g. \large)

The definition of \large in LaTeX depends on the main font size
used in your document. For example, you get different sizes if you
have
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
or
\documentclass[10pt]{article}
and to figure out exactly what size is used, you may have to
look into the source code of LaTeX.

Similarly, the font size used in LilyPond is determined relative
to the main staff size and again you may have to look into the
source code to figure out exactly what number is used in a
particular situation.

However, it's easy to adjust the font size used for Lyrics
in LilyPond, for example adding
\layout{
 \context{
   \Lyrics
   \override LyricText #'font-size = #+3.5

Then, you can use trial and error to match the size to
your document.

How can I do that? If thats to complicated in lilypond, what is the font
lilypond uses, so i can change the latex font accordingly?

This is exactly what
\usepackage{newcent}
does! Of course, with the exception of the font size, as you
already have noticed.

Of course, an alternative solution for you is to typeset the
additional stanzas as standalone \markup blocks in your
LilyPond code. See the section "Printing stanzas at the end"
in the LilyPond manual. This is probably much easier.

  /Mats